Creating and Using an Install Disk
As an administrator, you may want to make a portable copy of the indexing installation program for one or more operating systems. With this copy, you would be able to help an indexer install the indexing program.
Copying the Installer to an Install Disk or Device
- Using your browser, download the desired installer to your computer.
- Copy the files from the download destination on your computer to removable media (like a CD or thumb drive).
Using the Install Disk or Device
- Insert the install disk into the computer on which you want to install the indexing program.
- Using the file browser, locate the installer program on the install disk, and run (open) it.
- Respond to the questions that appear as the installer runs.
- Launch the FamilySearch indexing application from the desktop icon created by the installer.