Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are naturalization records.
- Each batch includes up to 15 images.
- Images may include just one record or several records.
Description of the Records
- Most of the records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Images may include different, individual naturalization documents that relate to the same person. These documents may be filed on separate, successive images.
— When multiple images include information about the same individual, index each image as a separate record.
— When a single image has multiple documents about the same individual, such as a Declaration of Intention and Petition for Naturalization, index the documents as one record.
- Overlays, which normally are small handwritten notes, are attached to some records.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch… button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.