US, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh City Deaths, 1870-1905
Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes one record type.
- Each batch contains three images.
- Each image is a two-page spread
Description of the Records
- The US, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh City Death Records are handwritten on printed forms.
- The death records usually contain four records on each image, two on each page of a two-page spread.
- Project-specific indexing instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password, Then, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.