Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are marriage records.
- Batches include up to 10 images.
- Images may include just one record or several records.
Description of the Records
- Most of the records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- An image may contain a single document recording one marriage or it may contain more than one document about the same marriage.
- Images may also include documents, such as registers, with records of multiple marriages. In this case, you will need to add records in the data entry area to account for each record on the image.
- This collection has no restrictions. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.