Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project contains historical registers for National Homes for Disabled soldiers.
- The historical registers are dated from 1866 to 1938.
- Each batch usually includes ten images, with two records on an image.
Description of the Records
- Records are generally typed or handwritten on preprinted register pages.
- Each register page contains four sections for each soldier.
- Military History
- Domestic History
- Home History
- General Remarks
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.