Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains death certificates and corrections from Cook County Illinois, from 1959 to 1994. There are primarily two different certificate types, however both forms changed over time.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register and install the program, locate the FamilySearch indexing icon on your desktop, double-click the icon to open the program, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- Project contains death certificates and corrections.
- Records are typed or handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Batches contain up to 10 images.
- Each image contains one death record.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the index is published.