Project Home Page
Clicca qui per l' italiano
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes records of births.
- Records are generally listed chronologically by year.
- Batches include one to eight images, usually with more than one record per image.
Description of the Records
- Records are in paragraph format and are handwritten on printed forms or handwritten entirely.
- Since information on each record is not always in the same order, you will need to read each record carefully to find the information for the various indexing fields.
- Records will sometimes start on one image and continue to the following image.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window .