Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to births.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes records of births.
- Records are on registers or individual certificates.
- There is one image per batch for registers and up to 20 images per batch for certificates.
Description of the Records
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- There are many different styles of records. These include registers, certificates, corrections, affidavits and delayed births. Search each record carefully to find the information for each field to be indexed.
- Most registers have records that extend across two pages, but some are complete on a single page.
- Some registers that have records across two pages were filmed on two images. In those cases, the records should be indexed on the first page and the second page would be indexed as: No Extractable Data Image
- Many registers have overlays covering some of the recorded information. Carefully read the Overlays paragraph in the Project-specific indexing instructions to learn how these images are to be indexed.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing computer program, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.