Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- There is one type of form for this project.
- Only 1 record per image.
- Up to 30 images per batch.
- Highlights are available.
Description of the Records
- The WWII draft registration cards were handwritten and typed on printed forms.
- This registration was for men who were born between April 28, 1877, and February 16, 1897.
- Only the front of the draft card, which is labeled Registration Card, has data to be indexed.
- The back of a card, which is labeled Registrar's Report has no information to be indexed.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.