Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents related to marriages.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are marriage records.
- There are up to 20 images per batch.
Description of the Records
- Some of the records were handwritten with no set format, but most are handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Images may include registers with multiple marriages on each page. Index each separate marriage as a separate record.
- Images may also include different, individual documents, that relate to the same marriage. These documents may be filed on separate, successive images.
- Overlays, which normally are small handwritten notes, are attached to many records. Click here to see instructions for how to index the overlays.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here
- After you register, once you have downloaded and started the indexing program, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the window to see the project name on the list.