Project Home Page
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to church baptisms.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes baptismal registers.
- There is usually one image per batch with up to 50 records per image.
Description of the Records
- The Church of England baptism registers were handwritten.
- The project spans many years and has many different styles of registers. Search each record carefully to find the information for each field to be indexed.
- Some registers have records that continue from one image to another.
- There are registers that have entries for baptisms, marriages, and burials all on the same page. Index only the baptisms. Example
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing computer program, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.