Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the field helps frequently for updates to the instructions.
- Click here for a summary of project updates.
What Is Unique about This Project
- Most of the indigenous records are missing a Christian name or a given name. If a Christian name or given name was not recorded or was written as a variation of the word "unknown," press Ctrl+B to mark this field as blank. If only one name is recorded, it is most likely the surname.
- The age for indigenous people was not always recorded because it was often unknown. Instead, the clerk recorded "adult" in that field. Do not include words such as "about" or "over" with age. If the age was not recorded or was written as a variation of the word "unknown" or the word "adult," press Ctrl+B to mark this field as blank.
- In the Race field, the clerk determined the race based on tribe, language, or country of origin. Only index a race or a culture in this field. If a race or a culture was not recorded or was written as a variation of the word "unknown," press Ctrl+B to mark this field as blank.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at one record per image. If an image has more than one record, you will need to add enough records in the data entry area to match the number of records on the image. To add records:
- In the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.