Project Home Page
About This Project
This project contains indexes for the civil registry of births, marriages, and deaths for the country of Uruguay for the years 1900 to 1937. The front of index cards shows information regarding birth, death, and legitimization records. The back of the cards shows information regarding marriage records.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description of the Records
- This project includes four event types: Inscripción de Nacimiento, Reconocimiento o Legitimación, Defunción, and Matrimonio.
- The records are on preprinted cards and were usually handwritten.
- Each batch includes up to 10 images.
- Images may contain just one card or may have up to 20 cards.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will not be accessible at this time.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.