Украина, Киев—Метрические книги русской православной церкви, 1846–1848 [Часть A]
General Indexing Instructions
Corrected or Crossed-Out Information:
- When information is crossed out and then replaced, type the new data into the appropriate fields.
- When the information is crossed out, not replaced, and can be read, type the crossed-out information.
- When the information is crossed out, not replaced, and cannot be read, mark the field unreadable by pressing Ctrl+U.
- When every entry on a record cannot be read, mark the entire record unreadable by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U.
- If a required field (a field marked with an asterisk) contains a descriptive word, such as unknown or don’t know, press Ctrl+B to mark the field as blank.
- If a field that is not required contains a descriptive word, such as unknown or don’t know, press Tab to skip this field.
- Do not type periods, commas, parentheses or semicolons after initials, abbreviations, or between multiple levels of localities for any of the fields.
- Ditto marks or similar signs of repetition may be found in several fields. If a field contains any of these signs, type the actual information from the above field.
- A lookup list is a collection of common names, places, races, etc, that can be used to help decipher a specific field. All fields that have a corresponding lookup list will have a down arrow at the right side of the column.
- Click the down arrow.
- Select Lookup for the appropriate list for that field to appear.
- The lookup lists are not comprehensive. If the clerk wrote something that is not in the list, type what was written on the document.
Red Wavy Line:
- The red wavy line does not mean that you made a mistake. It appears because the word you typed is not in the lookup list. This is okay.