Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- Only birth records are to be indexed in this project.
- Some of the birth records are amendments to the previous record. Index any information. Do not correct the information on the original certificate.
- Marriage and death records may be mixed in with the birth records. If a death or marriage record is encountered, do not index it. Mark all death and marriage records as No Extractable Data Image in the Image Type field.
- Certificates are generally one record per image.
- Batches contain 20 images each.
Description of the Records
- There are both birth certificates and amendments
- Most records were handwritten.
- Records are on forms
- There are many different styles of records. Look carefully to locate the information for each field to be indexed.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.