Project Home Page
About This Project
- This collection consists of an index and images of military service records for World War I acquired from the Texas Military Forces Museum in Austin, Texas. The records contain information about the soldier's birth, enlistment, age, and death. This collection covers the years 1917 through 1920.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are World War I service records from the state of Texas, from 1917 to 1920.
- Records are generally on 3 x 4–inch cards.
- The service records are typed on preprinted cards.
- The cards vary in content and format depending on what event was recorded.
- Each batch contains 15 images.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.