Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a collection of birth records from county courthouses in the state of Ohio. The project includes many kinds of records, such as registers, birth certificates, physicians' records, reports of birth, affidavits, and so on, and provides rich vital record information.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project consists of many kinds of birth records, such as birth certificates, registers, and amendments.
- Records were typically handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Batches that contain a register usually have just one image, with up to 50 records per image.
- Batches with other kinds of records, such as birth certificates, contain up to 25 images, usually with just one record per image.
- Highlights are not available for this project.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must first register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.