Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- There are four types of forms used in this project.
- Each image will contain one or two pages.
- Each page will contain one or two columns of names.
- Each column of names will contain 40 or 50 records each.
Description of the Records
- The New York 1892 State Census records are handwritten on forms.
- There is additional information written on the records. Only index those fields that are requested.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.