Project Home Page
About This Project
This project covers the 1876 state census of Missouri. The census includes information such as age, gender, race, and farm information. This record collection includes all counties and is organized by county.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This census was handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains one image, and each image shows one census form.
- Each image usually includes up to 40 records.
- The general public can freely access the completed index once the collection is published. Active FamilySearch account holders can access the digital images once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.