Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- There is 1 image per batch.
- Each image normally has one page.
- There are usually 40 records per page.
- Highlights are available.
Description of the Records
- The Minnesota 1905 state census information was usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- There is one record per line on each page.
- Records are generally grouped by families.
- Surnames are to be typed for each member of the family, even if they were not recorded for each individual.
- Some images are dark, and some have challenging handwriting.
- The data indexed from the original images will be made available to all researchers, but the original images, if posted on the Internet, will be shown only to registered users.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- After you have registered, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.