Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- There is only one type of form for this project.
- Usually 50 records per image.
- Contains only one image per batch.
Please note: We are working in partnership with Ancestry.com to enhance the 1930 US Census index. We are using their current published information as the basis for half of our batches to be indexed. Therefore, you will download many batches which will have information already indexed for the following fields:
- Given Names
- Place of Birth (for the head of household)
Please verify the previously indexed information as you are indexing the other fields.
Note to arbitrators: The information from Ancestry is in the Key A column.
Description of the Records
- The 1930 U.S. Federal Census is handwritten on typed forms.
- The Population schedules usually contain 50 records per image.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.