Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains birth certificates and amendments from Iowa State.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes birth records and amendments.
- The records are handwritten or typed on registers and individual certificates.
- Each batch of registers includes one image.
- Each batch of certificates includes up to 20 images.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.