Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is a card index to naturalization records from the United States District Court of Indiana. The cards were created to index records about individuals who applied for naturalization or admission to the United States. In addition to the name and surname of the applicant, the cards may include information about the applicant's age, birth date, and former nationality.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description and Characteristics
- All records are naturalization records, usually typed on cards.
- The format of the cards often varies from county to county.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Each image is of one naturalization record.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.