Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- There are four forms used in this project. They are Schedule 1–Inhabitants, Schedule 2–Productions of Agriculture, Schedule 3–Manufactures, and Schedule 5–Persons who Died.
- In this project we will only be indexing from the Schedule 1–Inhabitants and the Schedule 5–Persons who Died.
- When a Schedule 2–Productions of Agriculture or a Schedule 3–Manufactures form is downloaded, mark them as No Extractable Data.
- Each batch will contain one image.
Description of the Records
- The US, Colorado –1885 State Census is handwritten on typed forms.
- Schedule 1–Inhabitants forms usually contain two pages with 50 records on each.
- Schedule 5–Persons who Died forms usually contain one page with 36 records.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.