Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are will and probate records.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Images may include just one record or several records.
Description of the Records
- The records were handwritten or typed.
- Images may include many different documents. Only the first page of wills should be indexed. Additional pages of a will and all other types of documents (inventories, appraisements, property information, court probate documents, and so on) will not be indexed. Each of these additional documents should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch… button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.