Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents related to marriages.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are marriage records.
- There are up to 20 images per batch.
- Images may include just one record or several records.
Description of the Records
- Most of the records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Images may include registers with multiple marriages on each page. Index each separate marriage as a record.
- Images may also include different, individual documents, that relate to the same marriage. These documents may be filed on separate, successive images. When multiple images include information about the same marriage, index each image as a separate record even though they may relate to the same marriage.
- Overlays, which normally are small handwritten notes, are attached to some records. Click here to see instructions for how to index the overlays.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password, Then, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.