US (Community Project), Vermont, St. Albans—Arrivals at the Canadian Border Ports, 1895–1954 [Part B]
Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is a collection of lists and cards of arrivals in St. Albans, Vermont, from 1895 to 1954. The passenger lists are digital copies of the original records. The earliest records were handwritten pages. Later records were either handwritten or typed on preprinted forms. The records are arranged by the date of entry into port.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project is to index arrival lists and arrival cards for St Albans, Vermont.
- The arrival index cards are handwritten or typed, often on preprinted cards.
- Each batch contains up to 15 images.
- Each image is of one card, with just one record to index for the card.
- No highlights are available.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.