Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a collection of naturalization records from federal courts in Texas, from 1906 to 1985. The records were created about individuals who applied for naturalization or admission to the United States. In addition to the name and surname of the applicant, the cards may include information about the applicant's age, birth date, birth country, and place of residence, as well as other important genealogical information.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description and Characteristics
- All records are naturalization records.
- The naturalization records are handwritten or typed, often on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains 20 images.
- Each image usually includes just one record.
- No highlights are available.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.