Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is of registers of Confederate soldiers, sailors, and citizens who died in Federal prisons and military hospitals in the North from 1861–1865.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project consists of confederate soldiers who died while prisoners of war or in military hospitals in the North.
- Records are typed on 11x8 plain paper by town and alphabetical order by surname.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image contains up to 50 names per image.
- The general public can freely access the completed index, but images will not be available for viewing.