Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Standard, preprinted forms for each record.
- One record per image.
- Up to 20 images per batch.
- Five highlight templates are available.
Description of the Records
- The 1905 census forms for male and female are two-sided with information to be indexed on each side.
- Census forms for a family are one-sided.
- Two slightly different forms were used for male and female residents.
- Forms are sorted first by locality, then by gender, and then alphabetically by surname.
- One image shows the front of a form which is usually followed by a second image showing the back of the form.
- Each image (or side of the form) is to be indexed separately by selecting the correct record type.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.