Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para Español.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Only birth records are to indexed in this project.
- Marriage and death records may be mixed in with the birth records. If a death or marriage record is encountered, do not index it. Mark all death and marriage records as No Extractable Data Image.
- Certificates are generally one record per image, but some records span 2 or 3 images.
- Registers have up to 40 records on an image.
- Batches contain 1 to 10 images each.
Description of the Records
- There are both birth certificates and birth registers.
- Most records were handwritten.
- Some records are on typed forms, but some are totally handwritten.
- There are many different styles of records. Look carefully to locate the information for each field to be indexed.
- Some small handwritten records may look like notes, but they should be indexed as separate records. Click here to see an example.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.