US, Pennsylvania—Grand Army of the Republic Membership Records (Civil War), 1866–1956
|How to Index a Roll of Members
For the sample image above, the fields would be indexed as follows:
- Line Number: 157
- Given Names: A W
- Surname: Hood
- Age: Press Ctrl+B to mark this field blank.
- Birth City or Town: Press Tab to skip this field.
- Birth State: Press Tab to skip this field.
- Birth Country: Press Tab to skip this field.
- Residence City: Connellsville
- Enlistment Day: 14
- Enlistment Month: Mar
- Enlistment Year: 1892