Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is to index many types of marriage records from county courthouses in Oklahoma. The records were created from 1891 to 1959. Documents in the collection include marriage licenses, certificates, affidavits, registers, indexes, and so forth.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- All records in this project are marriage records.
- Most of the records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Images may include registers, with multiple marriages recorded on each page, or a single document, such as a marriage license, with just one marriage recorded.
- Batches may also include multiple documents that relate to the same marriage. These documents may appear alone on successive images, or multiple documents may appear on the same image.
- Some records include overlays, which normally are small handwritten notes. Click here for instructions on how to index overlays.
- Batches contain up to 10 images.
- Each image may include just one record or many records.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.