Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a card index to Ohio naturalization records from 1818 to 1954. The cards were created to index records about individuals who applied for naturalization or admission to the United States. These cards are a rich genealogical resource. In addition to the names and surnames of those who went through the naturalization process, the cards often include information about the individuals' age, birth date, nationality, dates of arrival in the United States and naturalization as citizens, and street address.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description of This Project
- All records are naturalization index cards.
- The format of the cards often varies from county to county.
- The index cards were typically handwritten, often on preprinted forms, but some were typed.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Each image is of one index card.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.