Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a collection of passenger lists and crew lists of arrivals in Wilmington and Morehead City, North Carolina, from 1908 to 1958. The passenger and crew lists are digital copies of the original records. The earliest records were handwritten pages. Later records were either handwritten or typed on preprinted forms. The records are arranged by the date of entry into port. In this project, all documents that contain names will be indexed, including passenger lists, crew lists, affidavits, and so on.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description and Characteristics
- This project is to index passenger lists for the ports of Wilmington and Morehead City, North Carolina.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image includes multiple records.
- The passenger lists are handwritten or typed, often on preprinted forms.
- Some passenger lists have information that spans two pages.
- No highlights are available.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.