Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Images may include just one record or many records.
- Most of the records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Images may include registers, with multiple marriages on each page.
- Images may also include different individual documents that relate to the same marriage. These documents may be on separate, successive images or on the same image.
- Some records include overlays, which normally are small handwritten notes. Click here for instructions on how to index overlays.
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.