Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- John Potter, the project manager, will answer any questions pertaining to this project. E-mail address: email@example.com
- All records are vital record index cards.
- Each batch includes up to 15 images.
Description of the Records
- The majority of the records consist of originals, copies, and typed and handwritten transcriptions of newspaper birth, marriage, and obituary announcements; family registers; memorials and other types of printed announcements; certificates; physicians' birth records; and assisted-living home admission records.
- The records were typed or handwritten on 3" x 5" index cards.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.