Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description of This Project
- These records are from the New England Naturalization collection housed in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) facility in New York.
- All records are naturalization records, typed on 3"x5" cards.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Each image is of one naturalization index card (sometimes both the front and back of the card).
- Only information recorded on the front of the card will be indexed.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.