US, Montana, Sweet Grass County—Birth Certificates, 1892–1930
Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains birth certificates, birth registers, affidavits, supplemental reports, birth returns, certificates of delayed birth, and corrections of records.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- The records are on registers and individual certificates.
- This project includes many kinds of records, such as registers, certificates, corrections, affidavits, returns of births, supplemental reports, and certificates of delayed births. Search each record carefully to find the information for each field to be indexed.
- Some corrective records extend across two images, and some are complete on a single image. Index the original and the corrective documents separately.
- Each image contains just one birth record.
- Batches contain 15 images for records or certificates.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.