US, Montana, Lake County—Birth Certificates, 1857–1930
Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains birth certificates and birth registers from Lake County, Montana.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- The records are on registers and individual certificates.
- Each image contains one birth certificate or a register of births
- Batches contain 15 images for certificates and 1 image for registers.
- Registers have up to 40 names per image.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.