Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a collection of veteran cemetery and burial records from 1936 to 1951. This collection includes burial forms, grave registration index cards, and other various forms.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your user name and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Description and Characteristics
- This project is for veteran cemetery records.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image usually contains one record but may contain more.
- The records are handwritten and typed, often on preprinted forms.
- No highlights are available.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.