US, Mississippi—Enumeration of Educable Children, 1850–1892, 1908–1957 [Part B]
Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains images from the Mississippi Enumeration of Educable Children records for the years of 1850–1892 and 1908–1957. The records contain the names of educable children and their parents' or guardians'. The enumeration also recorded the child's age and gender, as well as their school and occasionally their address.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After registering, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The records are on registers containing up to 40 children.
- The records are typed on pre-printed forms.
- There is one image per batch.
- Highlights are available.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.