Project Home Page
About This Project
This project contains a card index of veteran cemetery records located at the Maine State Archives that date from 1676 to 1918. The index cards are arranged alphabetically by surname. They contain information about the dates of birth and death and the places of birth, death, and burial.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The veteran cemetery cards are typed on preprinted forms.
- Each batch usually contains 20 images.
- Images usually show only one card, with one record per card.
- Highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and digital images will be freely accessible to the general public on FamilySearch.org and partner websites.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.