Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is a collection of cemetery records gathered from headstones.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project contains a series of cemetery records with the information on headstones.
- The records are typed and handwritten on forms or cards.
- Most of the records are in alphabetical order by surname.
- Each card generally includes the name of the cemetery, the name of the individual, the date of birth, the date of death, the age at death, and the names of relatives, such as spouses and children.
- Most images contain only one record.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.