Project Home Page
About This Project
- This is a collection of card index images for soldiers enlisted during the Civil War. Cards list the name, birthplace, place of residence, age, date of enlistment, and other information.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still familiarizing themselves with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The index cards are typed on pre-printed cards.
- Each batch contains twenty images.
- Each image usually contains only one record, but occasionally may contain more.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online once the collection is published. Active FamilySearch account holders can access the digital images once an authentication system is placed on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.