Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project has cards that index the names of servicemen about whom questions were being asked concerning their service or pension status.
- The project includes two main types of indexing cards: general index cards and cross-reference cards.
- Each batch has 30 images.
- Each image shows one card, and each card contains just one record.
- The index cards were handwritten on printed forms.
- Only the front of the index card has data to be indexed.
- The back of a card has no data to be indexed. Mark this type of image as a No Extractable Data Image.
- Highlights are available.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.