Project Home Page
What Do the Records Look Like?
- The Indiana marriage records are handwritten on typed forms.
- Information for each record may extend across multiple images. Index the fields corresponding to your image, and TAB through the remaining fields.
- There are 5 different styles of records for this project.
- Each style does not contain all the indexing fields provided.
- Style 1
- Style 2
- Style 3
- Style 4
- Style 5
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to Get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the Indiana Marriage records. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there, contact your stake extraction director, group administrator, or Indexing Support.
- This project is being indexed in cooperation with Indiana Genealogical Society. This society hosts an Indiana Genealogical Society Blog that you may also want to refer to for updates and useful information concerning this project.