Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is a collection of soldier's burial places in the state of Illinois from 1774–1974. The records are in alphabetical order and typed on cards.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project consists of Rolodex type cards in alphabetical order by surnames.
- Records are typed or written on cards.
- Each batch contains 10 images.
- Each image usually contains just one death card.
- Ten percent of the cards have a back card with the nearest relative's information. The soldier's birth date and place of death information is sometimes on the back of the card also.
- The general public can freely access the completed index, but images will not be available for viewing.