US, Illinois, Adams County—Death Index, 1877–1990
Project Home Page
About This Project
- This is a collection of death index cards from Adams County, Illinois. The death index ranges from 1877 to 1990.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The death index cards are handwritten or typed on blank cards.
- Each batch contains twenty images.
- Each image usually contains only one record.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.