Project Home Page
About This Project
This project contains arrival manifests from 1924 to 1956 for Eastport, Idaho, a community on the border between the United States and Canada. The records are usually arranged in alphabetical order and were created to document information about individuals who arrived in the United States. These manifests include information about the ages, birth dates, nationalities, intended destinations, and occupations of travelers, as well as the names of family members who accompanied them or who already lived in the United States.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description of the Records
- All records are arrival manifests.
- The manifests were typically handwritten, often on preprinted forms, but some were typed.
- Each batch includes up to 20 images.
- Each image is of one arrival manifest.
- Information will be indexed from the front of the manifests only.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.